Website Copper Cove Golf Club
Copper Cove Golf Club is seeking at Golf Course Superintendent.
About Copper Cove
Located just a short distance from Roanoke and Lynchburg, Copper Cove Golf Club is Smith
Mountain Lake's premier public golf course. Located in Hardy, Copper Cove is owned and
maintained by McFryeVo Three, LLC. In addition to world-class golfing, we offer summer pool
memberships and room rentals for banquets, meetings, seminars, parties, and receptions.
Copper Cove Golf Club is a 6,511 yard course that carries the trademark touch of Russell
Breeden, a Virginia native with nearly 100 course designs to his credit. Zoysia grass fairways
and bentgrass tees and greens.
Copper Cove is looking for a highly motivated individual that can take on the day-to-day
operations of running the golf course and crew. This position will provide an excellent
opportunity to learn to manage turf through the summer stress experienced in the transition
Other requirements include:
• Overseeing golf course maintenance staff
• Must be able to work in a team environment
• Manage and prioritize the daily tasks of the crew
• Coordinate with GM in developing or changing grounds routines and creating plans for future
projects and operations
• Monitor, identify and determine treatment for pest and diseases and apply herbicides,
insecticides and fungicides when necessary
• Strong communication skills and a good eye for detail
• Oversee chemical/fertilizer applications as well as irrigation repairs
• The candidate will be involved in all facets of the golf course maintenance operation,
budgeting, purchasing, water management, communicating with other departments, running golf
• Training of staff members
• Involvement in the hiring of seasonal staff
• 2-4-year degree in turf management or related degree.
• Virginia State pesticide application license, or ability to obtain one within 12 months
• Demonstrated ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing and
scheduling/planning and demonstrated leadership skills in managing issues at all levels
• Valid driver License
• Computer literate
• Strong communication skills
Salary & Benefits
• $ 45,000-$ 55,000/year DOE
• Paid annual vacation, paid sick leave.
• Paid Dues for membership in GCSAA, paid dues for membership in local association
• Expenses for attending regional and National education seminars
• Uniforms and meals provided
• Golf privileges
Uniforms, Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay, Educational Courses and Organizational Chapters.
Date Job is Available
**All interested candidates please email resumes to Billy McBride, General Manager at
email@example.com or call at (540) 721-4214.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org