We have so much great and exciting news:
– VTC Board Members and Advisors met with members of Congress;
– Great comments and offers of collaboration came from regional (and multi-state!) environmental groups;
– We have a new VTC President and Vice President (Phil Bailey and Wes Bray);
– We have a new VTC Board Member (Harris Wheeler);
– The Environmental Institute Partnership Program is almost ready to launch;
– We held a successful Come to the Bay conference;
– We are laying plans for on demand pesticide recertification which will be FREE for members;
and much more.
Allow me to focus this email on meetings with Congressional leaders. Future emails will discuss other great items that happened in the past four days!
Yesterday and today, VTC Board Members Ray Funkhouser, Sam Burris, Bruce Sheppard, and Harris Wheeler joined VTC Advisor Cindy Smith and VTC Member Gil Grattan in virtual meetings with the offices of Senator Tim Kaine and three members of Congress (Donald McEachin, Abigail Spanberger, and Jennifer Wexton).
Those visits were possible because of the National Association of Landscape Professionals. That great organization set up the visits as part of their annual Legislative Days.
They discussed the H2B program and other issues that affect all of us in the green industry.
Many, many thanks to NALP and to these individuals who gave of their time and expertise to advocate for industry professionals.
Future emails will discuss those other great items that happened in the past four days!